Thursday, August 2, 2007

August


I can’t believe it’s August already. This is the month we will finally hold our son in our arms. We have come full circle. I was looking back through my archives to see what we were doing this time last year.

In the beginning of August ’06 - There had been a big to-do with someone’s adoption being put on hold due to their agency not liking something they had read on her blog. In an effort to be more mysterious secretive secure I changed all of our names on this blog. My real name is not Carrie… I know, shocking!

On August 6th I posted about a very scary incident at the pool. I still have nightmares about that. Please people, always, always keep one hand on your non-swimming kids when they are in the pool.

Mid August brought mega illness. Both girls came down with Scarlet Fever. Although they both recovered completely, it was a very scary time. Those fevers were really high!

We spent a good portion of the month searching for a home study agency. After endless phone calls and research we finally tracked down the only licensed international home study social worker in town!

On August 23rd Princess started 1st grade and I geared up for a trip to South Carolina to be at my youngest brothers Boot Camp Graduation. Z-mans parents were in town and we had many, many heated discussions about our adoption plans.

On the very day I will meet my son for the first time, August 26th, last year we received our packet from our home study agency. I was thrilled to finally be able to get moving on the paper chase.

By the end of the month we were celebrating Mary Mia’s referral and putting our inky black prints down on paper for our background check.

While August was a very eventful month last year, I know that this August will be one for the books. 16 days until we leave!




1 comments:

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

Hey! August 26th is my 30th birthday!

How awesome!