Sunday, August 13, 2006

Ugh!

I haven't dropped off the face of the earth; though tonight I wish I could! It sometimes seems parenting is a never ending cycle of nursing sick children. We are usually a very healthy bunch so I'm not quite sure where this plethora of illness is coming from, but a truly wish it would STOP already!

Both girls are taking turns with Scarlet Fever this week. Yup! They are highly contagious and miserable as much from being extremely sick as from the mommy induced quarantine restricting them to the house. Cabin fever and Scarlet fever mixed together is never pretty. The major problem is that they are never sick at the same time, so I have one miserable child who needs me and one bored child who need me to entertain her because she can't even play with her sister.

Needless to say, blogging has not been high on my priority list lately. I know you will all forgive me and I promise some exciting news on the adoption front as soon as everyone is recovered and I've gotten some sleep.




5 comments:

Maggie said...

Ugh is right. I hope they're both feeling better soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh, yuck! I'm sorry. Sick quarantine can really be hard. Sending good healing thoughts your way! :)

Anonymous said...

Sick kids are the bane of my (and every mother's) existence. I hope you all feel better soon!

Rhonda said...

Oh no! Scarlet fever? That is awful. I hope they feel better soon.

Elle said...

Ack! Scarlet Fever is a nasty one. I remember it from childhood. Here's to a speedy recovery.