Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Need. More. Coffee.

We are now officially in the system. My black, inky fingerprints are currently winging their way to the FBI. Well, they are more likely sitting in a bucket in the back room of our local post office, but the visual of them flying of into the night is much more romantic...if fingerprints can actually be romantic.

Since we live in the middle of nowhere we don't have the nifty technology that allows us to get fingerprinted without getting our hands dirty. Thankfully, the folks in the office had some very aggressive soap that lifted that inky crap right off. I was worried for a minute there that I would have to show up at the airport tonight with hands that screamed, "I'm a criminal please harass me". I defiantly don't need that kind of attention. I will already look suspicious enough because of the punch drink swagger I'll be effecting due to complete and utter exhaustion.

We thoughtfully gave up our bedroom to Z-Man’s parents while they were here and took the vastly uncomfortable guest bed in the office. I didn’t get a decent night’s sleep the entire week. My plane leaves here at 1:30am and I get to SC at 9:30pm their time. YUCK!

If any of you live near Fort Jackson, please stop by…and bring coffee!!




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! Congratulations on the fingerprinting. And have a wonderful trip!

Sending virtual excellent, strong coffee your way! Room for cream?

Melissa said...

Think caffeine thoughts: chocolate, tea, coffee, espresso, cappacino, mountain dew, dr. pepper. Have a safe flight.