Monday, January 14, 2008

What a trip!


Just imagine that the plane above says Alaska Airlines on it and you'll know what I've been up to over the last few days. I was supposed to be home Saturday around noon and finally made it in this morning at 9am. My poor mom, who was not supposed to be up for more than a couple of hours at most, has been traveling for 2 days. We have visited every Podunk town in Southeast Alaska, spend almost as much time on a plane as it took us to get from DC to Ethiopia, slept in some disappointing hotels, and had scant meals few and far between... Ah, winter travel in Alaska; it's not for the faint of heart.

I'd like to say that I'm off to get some sleep but alas that is not the case. I'm off to fill my mom's prescriptions, get copies of her medical records from the local hospital, head back to the airport in the hopes that our luggage miraculously appears, take mom to her Dr. appointment, pick up the girls from school...etc. I get to do all of that with Smiley attached to my hip (he hasn't let go since I got home) and trying to get The Gimp, aka my mom, around.

So, more on the trip from h*ll later.




1 comments:

Maggie said...

You're earning your spot in heaven. (That's what my mom always says!)