Thursday, January 10, 2008

Hello

It's a beautiful winter day here today (see picture) and I finally have some motivation to stop sitting on my hands and post something. OK, truthfully, I never have time to sit on my hands anymore. Ever since Smiley started crawling and cursing around the furniture all I seem to do is run from one disaster to the next. The kid is like a mini tornado and I live in fear of the day he starts to walk!

It's been a while since I've posted mostly because the more I come out of my depression fog, the more I'm tuned into everyday life here with my kiddos and I have less interest and motivation to go online. I've stopped visiting all my adoption groups, unsubscribed to 70% of the blogs I used to read, and may even go a whole evening without checking my email... SHOCKING!

I feel so much better lately. Sure we've had our ups and downs, especially with my mom's accident and her impending stay at our house for an unknown amount of time, but I've weathered it all very well so far.

So, what's been happening around here? Well, I leave bright and early tomorrow morning for Seattle to go pick up my mom and bring her home. This time I'll only be gone a little over a day so hopefully the kids won't melt down. My mom is doing OK. She is still in a lot of pain and has a long road to recovery ahead of her but is in good spirits and is thrilled to be coming home. She will be staying with us until she is mobile enough to be alone at her place... we don't know how long that will be at this point. I love my mom but am not really looking forward to having her living at our house. Again.

Cookie had a birthday while I was away. She's 4! My goodness the time just flies. Thankfully we had her party the Sunday before her birthday so my mom and I were both there for that. I have some great photos to post soon because Zman got me a new camera for my birthday and gave it to me a little early so I had it in time for the party.

Smiley is doing great. We have really turned a corner with the attachment issues and he is like a different kid than the one we came home with. He is always happy, always smiling, and has decided that mommy is the best person in the whole world. He can find me anywhere in the house and will pull up on my legs and scream to be picked up no matter what I'm doing. I keep telling myself that this is a GOOD thing... I now always make sure to only wear pants that firmly fasten so they don't end up around my ankles! Smiley also has his first birthday coming up in a couple of weeks so I guess I need to start planing a party. It's never boring around here!

Zman and I are celebrating our 12th wedding anniversary tomorrow. The only catch is that I'll be celebrating in Seattle and he'll be celebrating here. We had plans to go to the theater and out for dinner but those had to be scraped when my mom got the boot from rehab. We plan to do the big anniversary celebration around Valentines Day instead. 12 years married, 14 years together, 31 years old... Yup, we are almost to the point where we have been together longer than we've been apart.

I'm sure there are things I'm forgetting but they'll have to wait until I get back. If anyone in the Seattle area wants to stop by for coffee and a chat tomorrow afternoon, email me. I've never met a blogging friend in real life...




6 comments:

ferenge mama said...

This is so great - I'm so happy to hear the happiness coming right through on this post.

I'm keeping your mom in my thoughts and I hope you have a smooth trip going to Seattle to get her.

Jenny said...

Glad to hear you all are doing so well now Carrie! And holy cow, if that's a picture of where you live, I'm moving there.

Elle said...

Man, I can't come up. Dang it. I have a play date with 2 of my girlfriends tomorrow. Bummer.

Mom 2 six said...

Glad things are better...wish I lived closer. :)

junglemama said...

Happy Anniversary and hope you have a safe trip.

Also, happy belated birthday.

Don't Mess With Mommy said...

It's wonderful to read your blog again, and I'm glad the fog has lifted. Peace.