Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving


I was really worried about Thanksgiving this year. Usually we host all of our family for the holidays because we have the most room. This year however I'm really struggling and was just not prepared to pull together Thanksgiving dinner for 15 people. For a while it looked like we would be on our own for the day but my sister was kind enough to talk to her mother-in-law about our situation and she invited the whole family to her house to celebrate the holiday. I'm very thankful that we will all be together as a family on Smiley's first Thanksgiving.

I'm spending the evening pulling together a wonderful yam dish with caramelized apples on top and making rolls. Tomorrow Princess and I will bake a lemon meringue pie together, her favorite. My mom is making the pumpkin pies this year. I'm cutting out all dairy to see if that helps me feel better so she's doing our favorite dairy-free pumpkin pie recipe. The secret? Just sub coconut milk for the evaporated milk in your favorite recipe... and leave off the whipped cream of course. Yum!

Have a wonderful Turkey day everyone!




2 comments:

Tami said...

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving...and that you're feeling like your old self soon.

junglemama said...

Happy Thanksgiving! The yam dish sounds delicious.