Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Why do something half way?

Welcome to my crazy life!

We are leaving in 11 days to go pick up our new son. This means that we have to pack, clean, prep the house for an infant, update wills and POAs, get travel insurance, take the dog to the groomers, write out detailed instructions on all the important details for my mom who is staying with the girls, get a hair cut, get all of our meds, clean, organize all of our electronic gizmos for the trip, buy a new camcorder, and find a hotel in DC. I’m sure there are things I’m forgetting right now; my lists are at home.

You think that would be enough to keep us busy for the next week and a half, but NO! There’s more. Today I have to take Princess to meet the oral surgeon and take Cookie to for her dental check up. Tomorrow I have to take my girl, my princess, into be put under so they can remove a couple of infected teeth that she won’t let them near when she’s awake. I’m very nervous about the whole thing; it’s the first time any of my kids have been under general anesthesia. I’m sure everything will be fine… Breath. Breath.

Then, because I love pressure, I have to meet with Princess’s new teacher and draw up a parent work hours schedule for the school year. After that I need to call every parent in the class and schedule them to work their required 5 hours a month. That shouldn’t be time consuming right? Yeeeeeah. This has to be done before I leave since I’ll be gone for the first 2 weeks of school and I can’t leave the teacher in a lurch.

At work, I need to train the two people who will be taking over the most important aspects of my job while I’m away; the processing of video orders and writing up and distributing the PSAs for all three radio stations and the online community calendar. I’m glad to not have to worry about this stuff while I’m gone but both of these jobs involve a lot of steps that are hard to outline for someone who has never done it before.

To top it all off, I’m getting my monthly visitor today! I always get a migraine when my “friend” comes to visit so I’m just SO much fun to be around right now. The stress is starting to get to me…my ulcer is a great little warning bell when my stress level starts to creep up and right now it’s ringing like mad!

And you know what? Even if I don’t get 80% of this stuff done, I’m still going to get my boy. All the stress and worry is worth it and I remind myself of that every time I start to freak out by taking a few minutes to gaze at the pictures of my baby.

Not long now sweet boy and you’ll be in my arms forever!




4 comments:

Sig said...

Oh how I know how you fel, I remember it all that well.
But while you are trying to breathe, go visit my blog :)

Chelley said...

hour by hour day by day you will get EVERYTHING that you NEED to get done!!!!

And one good thing at least you dont have to worry about your monthly vistor for another month!

HUGZ

ferenge mama said...

It does sound overwhelming!

But you also sound super-prepared and you are very clear on what is most important.

Hang in there - and let us know how the surgery goes (I'm sure it will be just fine!).

Keep breathing.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time- enjoy the journey- don't stress about the little thing shere at home, they will still be there when you get back.

Your SBP