Monday, August 27, 2007

My son

We saw you coming from far far away.

And we thought we loved you then.
But we were wrong.
Because now you’re here, and so the world has changed.
And the stars have wheeled and turned.
And the moon has come and gone.
And time has stood still for you.
And the oceans have run dry and refilled for you.

And my love. And your father’s love.
Immeasurable.


For you. Our son.

And things will never be the same again.

Ova Girl


Hello from Addis. We are having issues getting on the internet so I'm not sure if I'll be able to post again before we return home... I'm keeping my fingers crossed. We are having the time of our lives and then some. The jetlag has been a killer but thankfully we are both feeling much better today. The staff here is amazing and are taking very good care of us.

Smiley is wonderful. He is a very happy baby who loves to babble and coo. He is already bonding to us, me a little more than Zman, and is a joy to be around. He has a cold that is making him miserable at the moment so I'm suprised he is a laid back as he is! I have gotten many smiles and laughs today. We had him almost all day today and will most likely take him for good tomorrow. We are truly blessed!

I hope we can get back to the Hilton sometime later in the week and we will hopefully be able to post pictures then.

Gotta run...the clock is ticking!




7 comments:

Jenny and Matt said...

So glad to hear things are going well!

Tami said...

Congratulations! I can 'hear' the joy in your 'voice'! :) Give Smiley an extra hug for us!

Elle said...

Congratulations! I've been checking all weekend/ week.

Mom 2 six said...

Woo-hoo !
So glad to see the update. I have been stalking the blog. I am so glad to read you are safe and have smiley.
Can't wait till you get back to read the details.
Take care.

KrazyMom said...

So glad things are going well! Hope the little guy is feeling better soon! Safe travels home.

Melissa said...

that is great news. Aren't little boys just precious and so full of life?

Deb said...

I hope you are able to post pics soon. I could use a good Smile.

Glad everything is going well and you're enjoying yourselves.

I love that poem.