Monday, August 20, 2007

Greetings from DC


We made it! The trip was awful. I was so excited about the trip that I didn't get much sleep, about 3 hours, and Cookie was up several times during the night. I also didn't eat much because of nerves. The flight from Alaska to Seattle was fine, if really early, but once we hit Seattle I came down with a killer migraine that made the 5 1/2 hour flight to DC a nightmare. Now I'm more nervous than ever about the big flight on Friday.
Our hotel here in DC is very nice and we are about to run out for a day of sightseeing. It was amazing to drive by all those monuments last night that I've only ever seen on TV. They are much more impressive in person! Well, off to give the metro a try...




4 comments:

Tami said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear about the migraine, but what a blessing it is that you had this layover in D.C. Enjoy! D.C. is one of my favorite U.S. cities. I've GOT to get out there someday soon with the kids!

KrazyMom said...

Hope your migraine is better! I can't imagine being on a flight with one...yikes!

Looks beautiful there! Enjoy your trip!

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo!! You're on your way. Have a wonderful, safe trip of a lifetime -- I'll be thinking of you and checking back obsessively for updates!

KrazyMom said...

Thinking of you and the joy of your first meeting with Smiley yesterday afternoon!!