Saturday, August 18, 2007

Last post from home

I can't believe this day is finally here. We are leaving in 16 hrs to go get our baby! We have everything just about ready to go and are just finalizing packing and straightening the house up. My mom came over to take the girls to the park so we could finish up without any distractions. We plan to go out for a nice family dinner this evening and then hopefully will get to bed a decent hour so we can get up in the middle of the night for our flight out.

We are taking the laptop with us and I plan to blog from DC and hopefully from Addis. Some people have had trouble getting on to Blogger from Ethiopia due to government blocks so we'll have to see how that goes. I'm looking forward to a few relaxing days playing tourist in our Nations Capital and hanging out with my hubby. We need the time to recover from the stress of this week!

This time next week I'll be meeting my son for the very first time. We get into Addis on Saturday morning and we will be able to meet Smiley that afternoon. I can't wait!

See you all in DC.




10 comments:

Maggie said...

Safe travels!

Tami said...

Have a wonderful, relaxing time in D.C. We'll be looking forward to your updates! Have a great, safe trip! :)

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip- there will be a package waiting for you when you get back.

Your SBP

Mom 2 six said...

Can't wait !!

Michelle Smiles said...

Safe travels! So excited for you!

Anonymous said...

It took me forever to realize that I know you from another place--you really get around lady!

Have a fabulous journey to your sweet little boy, and please, oh please, send my love to Sintayehu and to Super-Wendy, if he happens to be your driver!

Waiting for Zufan! said...

I am so excited for you! Have a great trip.

Melissa said...

fantastic news. I hope your first meeting is a good one.

ferenge mama said...

Godspeed!

Will be obsessively checking your blog for updates. :-)

Yeah So said...

Safe safe travels and I can't wait to read all about your adventures.