Saturday, September 1, 2007

We're back baby!




We are chilling in the hotel room in DC trying desperately to stay awake until a reasonable hour so we can crash...big time. The flight was a killer. I won't go into a lot of details but Smiley hasn't been feeling well. It started with a bad cold when we picked him up, continued through a bad case of scabies and ends (I hope) with a high fever in the Addis Airport and the eruption of what I believe is probably chicken pox about 10 hours into the flight. Needless to say, Smiley is one unhappy baby right now. We leave for Seattle bright and early tomorrow morning and I'm not looking forward to the flight. I'm off to try and get some sleep.




7 comments:

Maggie said...

Welcome back to the states. I want to be so crazy excited for you, but I feel so bad for Smiley. How miserable to be on such a long flight while he's so sick! Not to mention how miserable it must have been for you and your husband. I hope tomorrow's flight goes better and he feels a bit perkier after a good night's rest.

Anonymous said...

Welcome Back!!! Sorry the trip is so hard, but thanks for posting. I have been obsessively checking your site for updates. When you are rested and settled in, please let us know how everyone is doing.

Congratulations!!!!
April Taylor
mama to Kai & Grace (Kazakhstan '04 & '05)
waiting for a baby boy from Ethiopia

Tricia said...

Ohhhh Carrie,

Your family is BEAUTIFUL!!!!!! He is such a handsome little man!!!!

I am SO SORRY to hear that he isn't feeling well....there is NOTHING worse thatn feeling ucky and having to travel, too!

Big thoughts and prayers coming your way! I cannot wait to see photos of ALL THREE kiddos together at last!

Tami said...

I'm sorry he's feeling so bad, but so grateful he's with you! Congratulations!!! You're almost home!

Mom 2 six said...

Oh I am still thinking and praying for you. Can't wait to hear more details. Hope everyone gets some good zzzz's. Smiley -I hope he feels better.

Melissa said...

Poor baby. It is hard enough to travel with a little one when they are feeling fine. I hope he sleeps for you.

Dana said...

I am praying for you, your trip home, and Smiley to start feeling better.