Friday, June 15, 2007

TGIF


Friday is finally here. This week has just dragged on and on. I was beginning to think the weekend would never arrive. We haven't heard anything from our agency and unless they surprise us sometime this afternoon, we are calling this week a bust. Everything has been super quiet on our agency board this week too. I think we are all getting a little despondent about the lack of referrals lately!

Zman and I are hunkering down for the long wait and are resigned to waiting until November at the earliest to get to Ethiopia. We have a lot of home improvement projects to keep us busy over the summer and two rambunctious kids to chase around so I think the time will pass quickly. I have several things I've been meaning to post about, bathroom remodel hell and such, but I just haven't had the energy to get to it this week. The adoption wait can sometimes be exhausting!!

They are opening the new playground tomorrow and the girls are beside themselves with excitement. It promises to be a complete zoo. I think every child in town will be there; but that doesn't dissuade them from wanting to go for the GRAND OPENING. They have been asking about it every 5 minuets for the last month! I'll let you know how it goes.

I hope you have a wonderful weekend. I plan on not thinking about the adoption at all... I'll let you know how that goes too!




2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Hi Carrie;

Sorry to hear that your slow in getting your agencies referral. God's timing is perfect, put your hope and trust in him...I found the wait really drew me closer to God...increased my prayer and really felt God's comfort as we waited.

May his peace and love flood over you!

Kimmie
mama to 6
one homemade and 5 adopted


come and meet us-we love new friends!

Sig said...

Oh Carrie, the waiting *sucks*, but in the end you will have your precious baby, the one that was handpicked just for you ;)