Friday, March 2, 2007

In like a lion...


Isn’t that the old saying about the month of March; in like a lion, out like a lamb? Well, March is certainly holding up its end of the bargain this year. I’ve lived in Alaska for 7 years now and I have seen my share of extreme weather, but the last two days take the cake!

Yesterday I awoke to my radio tell me that we were under a blizzard warning. Now I can see a lot of you shaking your heads and saying, “yes, but its Alaska…what’s unusual about that?” Plenty! We live in the temperate southeast portion of the state and while we usually get over 100 inches of rain a year, blizzards are not something we see often. 60 plus mile an hour winds with freezing, driving snow is a new one for me! I’m really feeling for all of you back east right now.

“In like a lion” can also describe this killer headache I still can't get rid of. It turned into a migraine Wednesday evening and I spent most of the day in bed yesterday wishing I could die, or at least put my head on a shelf for a while until it decided to behave! Luckily I had a second chiropractor appointment this afternoon, so that’s helped a bit. I’m also taking some mega doses of Magnesium and Potassium to help with the muscle cramps in my neck that the doctor definitely thinks is the cause of my problem. I’m hopeful that I won’t have to spend my 3rd weekend in a row miserable with this thing.

I’m ready for this headache to go “out like a lamb” already and I don’t want to wait until the end of March for it to happen!




1 comments:

Maggie said...

March came in like a lion here, too. We had a snowstorm with hail, thunder, and lightning the other day (totally weird). Now my yard has about a foot of snow with a solid sheet of ice coating it. You should see my dog try to go outside -- he's the only Bulldog to join the ice capades.

I hope that headache goes away. My goodness! That's really been hanging on. Do you have any Imitrex or other migraine meds to help this?