Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Speeding along

I just got off the phone with our SW... She has a first draft of the home study done! She's coming by tonight to fill in a few holes and she thinks that she'll have a draft for us to review by the weekend.

*doing the happy dance*

UPDATE:
The meeting was short and sweet. She just had a few questions for us and plans to come by again tomorrow evening to let us read through the final draft. She should then be able to mail the home study off to the agency on Friday. Then we have to wait for it to make the rounds. It has to be approved by our placement agency, sent back to our HS agency, back to our SW for and changes and to be notarized, then back to the placement agency...etc. It's going to be a well traveled document by the time we get the copies we need for our dossier packets.

Our SW is hopeful that even with the holidays, we could have our I171-H by the end of December or the first week in January. We have almost everything else we need for the dossier done. I haven't pulled together the family photos yet and I'm still waiting to do the power of attorney until we get immigration approval so I can get the both notarized and authenticated at the same time. Now we just need to start practicing waiting because I can see that looming on the horizon!




6 comments:

Deb said...

Yeah! Great news. Such a great feeling to get things accomplished.

Anonymous said...

Great news! Although I'm a little enviouis. I'm still waiting for mine to review. Really glad things are starting to come together for you!

ferenge mama said...

Wow - you are JAMMING!! I hope my SW will be as good as yours is!

Melissa said...

I am just getting caught up on your blog. I am so sorry to hear what happened to your Niece. What a horrible accident. I hope she doesn't lose too much memory.

I am happy about your homestudy and I 171h almost being complete. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Things are moving along quickly. That's great!

Anonymous said...

It is ALWAYS good news to hear that someones adoption process is actually going speedy! I am happy for your progress!