Tuesday, November 28, 2006

The good and the bad

Sometimes I hate blogger! It wouldn’t let me log on yesterday and post our exciting news. We got mail! Ok, I know that’s not very exciting… but it was mail from the Department of Homeland security. Any other time I would be really worried to be getting mail from them, but when you are in the middle of an international adoption anything from them is great news.

We have a fingerprinting appointment on December 15th! Yeah!! We also got a letter from them last week that said after we turn in our home study and get fingerprinted we should get our coveted I171-H in 7 to 10 days. DAYS!!! I can’t believe it. Back east people are waiting months for these puppies. I’ll have to call our SW and see how she’s doing on the home study. We may get our dossier finished in January after all.

I’ve spent all morning booking flights, rental cars, and hotels for our trip up to Anchorage. It’s silly to have to travel so far to get fingerprinted, AGAIN, but we are going to make the most of it and turn the trip into an early anniversary getaway. We haven’t been away together, just the two of us, since the girls were born, so this is going to be a real treat. My mom is going to watch them and we’ll have a long weekend snuggled into a warm hotel.

We also plan to get some last minute Christmas shopping done. It’s been a long time since I was in a place that had a real mall! I’ve never been outside of the airport in Anchorage before, so this will be a first for me. Z-man travels up there several times a year for business.

My sister and her family continue to have troubles. Lulu has a bruised spinal cord and has to be extremely careful. This is hard when you are the middle of 4 kids. She also continues to have issues from her head injury. She’s extremely emotional and breaks down over the smallest things. She also is still having memory troubles. The doctor told them yesterday that she could possible loose large blocks of memory for up to a year after the accident. Scary!

My sister was in the ER herself on Sunday. She’s come down with an infection of some kind, but the doctors aren’t sure what it is. She was given an antibiotic and sent home but continues to run a very high fever. If she doesn’t show some improvement by tomorrow, we’ll have to take her back in. When it rains, it pours I guess.

I say that we should be done with illness and injuries now. My sister makes the 3rd time someone in the family was been to the ER this month. Bad things come it threes, right? Right??




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for the good mail! It is so nice when something in this process actually works out right.

I am sorry about your family. Sometimes when it rains it pours. I hope everyone feels better soon!

ferenge mama said...

Wow - your family has had more than its fair share of health scares. I think you are due for a long quiet healthy spell!

Congrats on the USCIS stuff -- you must have an super-efficient branch office.