Monday, October 9, 2006

I'm not dying!

Ok, so we all knew that…but it took so long to hear back from the doctor I was beginning to wonder. Apparently I am the proud owner of an abnormal but perfectly functioning right kidney. Who knew? Z-Man said that since it’s my kidney it’d have to be abnormal. Thanks honey!

The bad news is that my gallbladder's days are numbered. Thankfully it’s a relatively simple procedure and should only have me off my feet for a couple of days. Because isn’t emergent, I can schedule it whenever I feel like getting around to it (never) and have the time (never). In the mean time, I am on a strict NO fat diet. Yeah…that’s gonna work. So I’m hoping to get an appointment for a consult with the surgeon asap and yank that puppy sooner rather than later. A girl can only live on rice cakes for so long.

While I was on the phone with my doctor I also took the opportunity to plead my case about yet another letter and faxed her off an example. She promised to write one up and go out and have it notarized as soon as possible so I’m sure I’ll have it sometime in the next month or two. A good friend and co-work of Will’s wrote a lovely referral letter and was kind enough to make four copies and have them all notarized so that was our first official dossier document.

I’m still plugging away at the autobiography and since I’m up to the birth of our second child (and I only have two) I’m guessing that I’ll be finished soon. I have already been to the bank and strong-armed them into writing a letter basically saying that they think we are swell; not something they wanted down on paper and notarized if they could help it. I also stopped by the police station and while Cookie was swiping pens, I ordered a “Good Guy” letter for both Z-Man and I. Not sure why they call a criminal clearance letter a “good guy” letter, but I wasn’t about to make trouble.

Tomorrow I’m going to go harass Z-Man’s doctor for his letter and ask our title company for the deed to the house. The extra copies of the birth and marriage certificates are on the way, so I’m moving right along with the dossier paperwork. Right now it looks like we are going to be waiting on the homestudy to be finished so we can apply for our I-171H. At this rate, we’ll still be waiting for that one last document until next spring…sigh

Ok, I’m depressing myself here…I’m going to go work on that autobiography some more now.




2 comments:

Melissa said...

Don't wait to apply for the 171h! We applied before we even had the homestudy done and good thing too. In NJ it takes them forever to send you for fingerprinting and then another forever to get the results back to you. We applied in Jan or Feb. for 171h and didn't get sent for fingerprinting until May. That is what held our dossier up. Apply now, if it gets to you before the homestudy is done, you are ahead of the game.

Anonymous said...

The gall bladder thing, since I am your very best friend (who seems a lot like a stranger) I want to offer advice. I had the surgery. I was very worried about some unpleasant stories I had been told. My doctor promised me that nothing I would go through would be at all as bad as my gall bladder attacks.

It is so completely worth it to have the surgery done. It is just a few days to be up and about, but complete healing takes the normal time for soft tissue about 6 weeks.

I have a hard time finding the tiny scars of the surgery, the major one is in the belly button and invisible. It made a world of difference to me. A gall bladder attack is so overwhelming, but to have one in a foreign country would be horrid.

So, with absolutely no right to speak up I would recommend that you put it on your agenda soon.