Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Beginnings and Endings

I can’t believe it’s been almost a week since my last post. The paper chase is certainly keeping me running right now. We officially sent in our application to our placement agency this morning (no I didn’t get pictures) and I’m almost halfway through the home study documentation. I have my doctor’s physical this Friday and I hope finish this paperwork over the weekend so I can mail it off on Monday. This is truly a beginning for us...we are on our way to child #3.

I was going to post my ubber b!tchy open letter to my father-in-law today, but after checking in on Christy I just don’t have it in me. How can I write such a selfish and narcissistic post after witnessing how much pain her parents are in right now? That kind of loss puts everything into perspective.

In an effort to remember the joy in life, I headed on over to a few of other blogs I read to get a reaffirmation. I have been thrilled to follow several couples who are meeting their children right now and becoming parents for the first time.

Elle and CS are really in the thick of it right now with their new son. Learning the ins and outs of parenting and how to meet the needs of this post institutionalized child and enjoying all the ups and downs of parenting. Karen and Random are currently carrying around their brand new daughter and trying to be adventuresome with food. And who can forget Jamie and Suzanne whose lovely two children just made their internet debut as the adoption was finally finalized.

Seeing the joy of these new parents and witnessing the love they have for their children fills my heart and I am reminded of all the seasons of parenting; the joyful beginnings, the heartbreaking partings, and all the wonderful things in between!




3 comments:

Melissa said...

I used to enjoy just checking off each piece of paper after we completed it. It made me feel good each time. 1 down, 200 to go. A little at a time. I am praying for Christy.

Deb said...

So glad you got your paperwork sent in. Looking forward to watching your journey and learning the procedure you are in.

Rhonda said...

Wow, I just checked Christy's site. What a heartbreaking story. They will be in my prayers.