Thursday, September 7, 2006

Please pray!

Blogs are a very interesting thing. They give you insight into the lives of complete strangers from all over the world. It never ceases to amaze me when I can totally identify with someone I’ve never met. How I can feel joy and excitement or pain and sorrow for people who I will never speak too. The most remarkable thing is how much some of these bloggers have changed my life; inspired me to be a better person and a better parent.

The Thomas family in particular is in my thoughts tonight. I found Christy’s blog last December and have faithfully followed her life and the life of her family for the last 9 months. Christy is a 9 year old girl who has cancer. Her strength and positive out look are incredible. The love, devotion, and commitment to make the most of every moment, she and her family have shown over the last year is truly an inspiration to me.



They are on my mind tonight because Christy is losing her 4 year long battle. It breaks my heart to think of this world with out one of its brightest lights in it. She is now in tremendous and continuous pain and her family is asking for all our prayers right now.

Prayer Request: for pain relief for Christi, for peace for her precious soul and for strength for the weary Thomas team.

If you want to know the real Christy and family, I suggest skipping back into their archives a few months. This downhill slide has come on very quickly and even as recently as the middle of August; Christy was feeling great and 100% pain free.

As I cry for Christy I am reminded of how fleeting life really is and how blessed I am to have two healthy, happy children. I do not have to watch my child suffer while there is nothing I can do; for that I am truly thankful. To be present in my children lives, to celebrate them, is a blessing I’m very aware of tonight. I'm grateful for the blogging community that has allowed me to know this miraculous girl and her family.




4 comments:

Yeah So said...

I will pray for this beautiful child and her family. So sad.

Melissa said...

I am praying right now. It is so sad to hear of children suffering with fatal illnesses.

Susy Q said...

Hi,
My name is Susanna and I am fifteen years old. My family is currently waiting for the referral of a baby from Ethiopia (my blog is http://www.bigsisdiaries.blogspot.com)I will pray that both of us get referrals of beautiful children very soon!

Carolina Mama said...

We're praying! THanks for sharing. We have been reading about your building a family - as we are too. We can relate to you through blogger world. Thanks for bringing us along.