Friday, June 2, 2006

Time flys...

Yesterday was a momentous day. My baby girl is no longer a kindergartner; at 2:01pm she officially became a 1st grader. It's hard to believe she's already that big. It seems like only yesterday she was a tiny baby and today she is calling me "MOTHER" and rolling her eyes. A girl who's first sentence was "don't laugh at me" is starting to be able to laugh at herself. She's quirky and independent and so, so smart. She turns 6 soon and I can't believe how fast the time has flown. I really do love her more everyday.

Yesterday also marks the day she got her first loose tooth and the day she started asking me "the question". You know, the where do baby's come from question. The why does daddy stand up to pee question. I think I'm handling all the changes pretty well....

Can someone pass me the Valium?




4 comments:

Maggie said...

My goodness she's cute. Good luck with all the questions!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable! Ooooh, the questions -- those are fun. I remember one of my girls around that age asking me accusatorily, "Mommy -- why did you put me in a bag of water?"

Jennefer said...

Very cute girl! I love that age. My son just finished the 1st grade and he seems so old now. He asks hard questions too. I don't know if we are doing too well. Just a few minutes ago we answered one of his hard questions with- gay means happy.

Rhonda said...

You can get lost in those eyes. She is a cutie. I can't imagine us answering those questions! I guess we'd better get ready.

I'm cracking up at Jen's response...hilarious.