Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Doctor Day for Zboy

Zboy had his yearly well child check this morning and it went well. He is in the 50% for height and the 75% for weight... down from 90% for both last year. I fully credit this to no longer being stuffed like a rabbit at he old childcare. I delayed the HEP A and MMR so we got off with no shots this go around... always a plus!

After the appointment I took him to work with me for a while and he charmed everyone, ate cake, and watched TV in Zman's office. Then I took him with me to do classroom hours in Cookie's class. This was a good intention but I should have known better since it cut into nap time. He did great eating lunch with his sister and walking up to the play ground though he didn't understand why he needed to leave all the cool toys in the classroom which were lots of fun to strew about.

The playground was a HUGE mud pit and even though he had his jacket, rain-pants and snow boots, it took only seconds for him to become covered in mud. I still think we would have made it out OK if I didn't have to stay for PE; outdoor PE was a fiasco. The K/1's were in a rowdy mood and weren't listening to the teacher. Cookie was clingy and whiny because mom was there but was paying more attention to her brother. Zboy was melting down, muddy, and fell pretty hard off the retaining wall so was a huge crying mess. FUN!

Thankfully, we got home a little after 2 and Zboy went down for a nap ASAP and woke up a happy and hungry. Cookie got her one-on-one mommy time and then happily went out to play with the neighbor. All is well that ends well, I guess, but I probably won't do that again anytime soon!




0 comments: