Sunday, March 29, 2009

Two

This is my third trip down the 2 year old toddler road and while nothing is new or surprising, it's not getting any easier with repetition. Zboy is the KING of contrariness right now. When he gets upset because I won't let him bite his sister or run with knives, he screams for me to pick him up and then when I do he pushes me away and wants down. Of course, as soon as I put him down he wants back up again. Rinse and repeat till your head spins around.

He is also getting very good at letting us know what he thinks about things and he's turning into quite an opinionated boy. Last week when we were getting ready to head out to daycare, I helped him put on his shoes and then asked him to go climb into the van. His response was "NO WAY MOM! I SIT!!" and he promptly sat down on the bench and refused to move until I bodily carried him to the car. Then I fought him to get the seatbelt on, fought to get him out of the seatbelt at daycare, chased him down as he tried to run into the street, carried him shrieking and throwing himself out of my arms into the building, chased him down as he ran out of the door, and spent 10 minutes trying to get his coat and shoes off. Needless to say, it was one of those days when I was thrilled to go to work!

We see a lot of this face these days...


and this one too.


But it's moments like this that make it all worth while.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know, there are some days that I think my 2 yr old is crazy and has issues - thanks for at least showing me that it's normal. And promise me that not all 2 yr olds grow up to be psychopaths - some days I wonder!

Anne said...

Well, sounds just like my two year old. I'm expecting it to miraculous cease on her third birthday in exactly 3 weeks and 5 days. Actually, I see glimpses of her growing out of it occasionally, which gives me the strength to get through the day!!

He sure is adorable, disgruntled or not!

Anne said...

oops...that would be miraculousLY! What can I say -- mother of a two year old!

Kimberly said...

He's very cute! Sometimes when my son is a total grouch and crying, I just have to smile because he's so cute! You're right, the smiles make it all worth it!!!

paige said...

I'm so glad you're back!