Thursday, August 7, 2008

Home, home on the bay...

We made it. I'm now trying to dig out my house, unpack, and go grocery shopping. It will be a few days before I can surface with an intelligible post but here is a quick synopsis.

We had a great trip and I have around 500 photos to prove it but I've learned that vacationing with 3 kids is almost more work then fun... but still worth it. I'm ready to have some alone time now though.

Some of the highlights of the trip:
- The Portland Ethiopian adoption picnic
- The beach trip - warm and not windy on the Oregon Coast is a once in a lifetime thing...
- The Oregon Museum of Science and Industry
- The County Fair
- The Water Park
- The Grandparents
- The yummy Ethiopian Restaurant in Portland
- The paparazzi session at the park for our family portraits
- Visiting old friends and old haunts (Zman and I both grew up and got married in that area)
- THE SUN BABY!!


Some of the lows:
- The flight down
- The airline destroying Zboy's car seat (I'm pretty sure the styrofoam isn't supposed to fall out in big chunks)
- The endless driving long distances
- Getting bitten by a donkey at the petty zoo
- The girls' never ending bickering
- Zboy learning how to operate all doorknobs
- Cookie tripping every time she turned around and sporting huge bruises from head to toe for the family pictures (no, we don't actually beat the child, she's just clumsy right now... honest!)
- One of my children *cough Zboy cough* flushing something large down my in-laws' toilet.
- Eating out (a lot) with the toddler who is working out his terrible two act at 18 months old

Now for the pictures...




3 comments:

Maggie said...

It looks like you had a busy and fun time. I have fond memories of OMSI -- that's where Slugger and I went on our first day alone together.

Anonymous said...

How fun!! You got some incredible photos -- I especially love the waterfall pics.

We've got school starting in a little over a week and I can't believe the summer is almost over. I'm glad you had such a great trip!

paige said...

Cookie looks so much taller and thinner than in previous pics--i bet that's why she's so clumsy--her body seems too big right now. Glad you all had a fabulous time!