Thursday, May 29, 2008

Stress

My childcare provider has given her 30 days notice. She's moving out of town. I'm happy for her as she has wanted move back to this town for a long time but OMG the timing sucks! Our Town has a serious shortage of childcare and finding someone who can take both Cookie and Zboy is going to be tough! Especially since I have VERY high standards!

We have one lead right now and if that doesn't pan out I'm probably going to have to quit my job and do the stay at home mom thing. I've done it before so I know I can... I just don't want to. I've found that I'm a much better mommy to my kids when I get a few hours away from them every day. It sounds terrible I know, but I've learned to accept my own limitations. Being a full time SAHM is very hard work (no matter what ANYONE says) and I take my hat off to all those who do it, love it, and do it well.




3 comments:

Elle said...

that sucks. I like SAHMomhood, but would love a few more hours away from the child each week. This summer is going to tax my already fragile patience.

Jenny and Matt said...

I'm with you - a little time away makes me a much nicer Mom

Sorry about your sitter

Type (little) a aka Michele said...

I don't think it sounds terrible, you're just being honest with yourself, and what works for YOU and YOUR family.

Don't let anybody tell you differently.

Hope the other sitter works out. :-)