Saturday, April 26, 2008

Tidbits about me

1. What bill do you hate paying the most?


Honestly? I love paying the bills. Well, not the paying money part but the ritual of sitting down and working through the piles. I use Quicken to track EVERYTHING and pay all my bills automatically or through online bill pay. I track savings goals and budget everything. last. thing. When I'm done for the month I get a little high like runners do... who needs narcotics? (OK, I admit that I hate paying the estimated and sales taxes for our business... not sure why)


2. Where was the last place you had a romantic dinner?


We celebrated our 12th anniversary (late) by going out to the swankiest restaurant in town and eating a ton of scrumptious seafood (lobster bisque anyone) and followed it up with a to die for chocolate lava cake... We were not allowed to talk about work or the kids. We only do this once or twice a year and it is always total worth it!


3. Do you regret losing your virginity to who you lost it to?


Not at all. I'm married to him!


4. If you could go back and change one thing what would it be?

One thing I truly, truly regret? I stole $50 from someone when I was 19... I still feel terrible about that. I probably will all of my life. It's just not worth it people!

5. Name of your second grade teacher?


Mr. Webber


6. What do you really want to be doing right now?


Hanging outside with my family...the sun is calling to me.


7. What did you want to be when you were growing up?

An astrophyisist...though I think I only said that because I liked the reaction I;d get from grown-ups when they asked me! :)


8. How many colleges did you attend?

1 for 2 years - no degree


9. Why did you choose the shirt that you have on right now?


Because I desperately want it to be spring and felt like freezing my @ss off.


11. If you could move anywhere and take someone with you where would it be?


Ireland... I've always wanted to live there.


12. First thought when the alarm went off this morning?

NOT YET!


13. Last thought before going to sleep last night?

Trying to rearrange the bedrooms in my mind to find room for Zboy to have a bedroom and Zman to have an office.


14.What do you miss about being a child?


Feeling protected.


16. What errand/chore do you despise?


cleaning the bathroom and folding the laundry


17. If you didn't have to work, would you volunteer?


I do both.


18. Get up early or sleep in?


Sleep in! I LOVE to sleep...something I don't do enough of with 3 kids.


19. What is your favorite cartoon character?


Curious George


20. Favorite thing to do at night with a girl/guy?


Lay in bed at night and talk... (oh come-on, this is a public blog!)


21. Have you found real love yet?


I found my true love at the ripe old age of 17 but only truly understood complete, unconditional, all consuming love when my first child was born.

22. When did you start feeling old?


Hasn't happened yet... though finding gray hairs on my hubby gave me a few twinges.


24. Your favorite lunch meat?


Pepper Turkey.


25. What do you get every time you go into Wal-Mart?


I NEVER shop at Mall-Wart! N E V E R!!


26. Beach or lake?


Beach.


27. Do you think marriage is an outdated ritual?


No. I think marriage should be a commitment between any two people who desire to share their lives together. I wish that everyone had the opportunity to do that.


28. Do you own property?

Yes.

29. Favorite Guilty pleasure?

Extra Dark Chocolate - organic fair trade of course


30. Favorite movie you wouldn't want anyone to find out?

I'm not ashamed of my favorite movies. I love me a good romantic comedy though I'm finding as I get older I'm watching more and more Indy films.

31. What's your drink?


Starbucks non-fat mocha - no whip.

32. Cowboys or Indians?

Indians


33. Cops or Robbers?

Cops


34. Who from high school would you like to run in to?


Jen and Jenny


35. What radio station is your car radio tuned to right now?

I work for a public radio station so that's what I listen to while I'm at work... all other times I listen to the country station.


37. Grey's Anatomy or The Office?


Never seen either... no TV at our house.


38. Worst relationship mistake you wish you could take back?

I wish I was better at being a good friend. I tend to get caught up in my own life and let everything else fall by the wayside.


40. What famous person would you like to have dinner with?

Obama


41. Indoors or Outdoors?

Indoors. I'm a city girl a heart...living in Alaska.


42. Have you ever crashed your vehicle?


Nope. I do have a bad track record of running into granite boulders though...they line the parking lots with them here and I can't see them out of the back of my mini van (yea, I drive a mini van and I LOVE it)


43. Have you ever had to use a fire extinguisher for its intended purpose?


No but I've put out several kitchen fires with baking soda.


44. Last book you read?


I'm in the middle of a couple of books... my light reading right now is a Clive Cussler book.


45. Do you have a teddy bear?


The teddy bear I kept from my childhood is now a favorite with my daughters. Her name is Mrs. Bear... cause I'm creative like that!


46. Strangest place you have ever brushed your teeth?


hummm...no idea.


47. Somewhere in the USA you've never been and would like to go?


Maine


48. Do you go to church?

I just started to attend... not sure if it'll stick yet.


49. At this point in your life would you rather start a new career or a new relationship?

I'd love to lean to be a pastry chief and make really cool cakes!


50. How long have you been out of school?

including college? 10 years




0 comments: