Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Reeling...


I found out this weekend that a really good family friend passed away last week. She died quite suddenly of a brain aneurysm and we are still all in shock. Karen was a truly wonderful, caring, giving person, with a heart of gold. During my pregnancy with Cookie I had a very painful condition called Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction. Karen was volunteered to give me Chiropractic adjustments free of charge for as long as I needed them. I saw her 3 times a week for the remaining 6 months of my pregnancy and between 1 and 3 times a week until Cookie was 18 months old and I was finally pain free. Without her help I know that I would have been bedridden during that pregnancy.

She came over to my house to give me adjustments after the birth, after my gall bladder surgery, and when I had a migraine so bad I couldn't stand up. She always insisted that if I needed her over the weekends when her clinic was closed that I call her at home. She was one of my mom's best friends and a good friend to our family and I can't believe she's gone.

Then this morning I found out that Zman's friend, our accountant, passed away this weekend. She apparently fell in the bathroom Saturday, hit her head, and died. Her elderly mom found her and suffered a major heart attack from the shock and is not expected to live.

Needless to say we are all walking on egg shells around here. One sudden, senseless death is difficult; three is unfathomable. Both memorial services are scheduled for Thursday at 2 and 3 pm. Please keep their families in you thoughts and prayers.




5 comments:

paige said...

Carrie I am so sorry to hear of your multiple losses.

Peace...

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are really having some tough times. Wishing the best for you guys!

Tami said...

I'm so sorry for the losses your family has experienced. We'll be praying for all of you.

A Room to Grow said...

I'll be thinking of you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so sad. I'm so sorry for your losses - I can't imagine dealing with all three of those at once.

You are in my prayers