Saturday, November 3, 2007

Almost Winter...

but not quite!

We had lovely sunny fall weather here today so we decided to pack up our new stroller, and the kiddos, and head out to one of our favorite trails that edges on some breathtaking wetlands. We didn't see much wild life today, only a couple of falcons and a bald eagle, but the views were amazing.

Zman and I decided that we must not get out as much as we need to since the baby has been home because Princess spent 80% of the time running ahead of us and shouting "I'm Free!!" and "Liberty!" at the top of her lungs. We played in the water for a while and climbed around on an huge old log. Smiley protested greatly when we wouldn't let him play on the ground and eat the rocks and pebbles. He spent almost all of his time out of the stroller trying to throw himself out of our arms. I bet we are really going to have fun on this walk next spring when he's mobile.

Cookie waffled between wanting to be the baby hang out with mom and wanting to be big and run with her sister. On the way back both girls engaged in a rousing game of imaginary baseball; hitting home runs and running the bases all the way back to the car. I know they'll both sleep well tonight!

Here are some pictures of our day. Sorry the picture quality sucks, my camera is having issues so these were all taken with Zman's cell phone camera. It gets the job done I guess. I'm getting a new camera as an early Christmas/Birthday gift so if anyone has a recommendation for a high quality compact digital camera (that won't break our already strained bank account) please let me know! I still owe you Halloween pictures but those are all on my camera so until I can dig out my card reader they'll just have to wait.




3 comments:

Sig said...

What beautiful pictures! Smiley is cuter than ever and looks so settled now.

ferenge mama said...

wow- gorgeous shots!! Looks like you guys had fun, even though Smiley was restrained against his will :-)

Jenny and Matt said...

What a fun day!