Monday, July 23, 2007

staying focused

My state of mind today can be summed up by the fact that I got 5 miles from my house this morning before I realized that I didn’t have my glasses on; the glasses that I wear all day, every day. The glasses that I’m required to wear to drive my car because if I don’t I can’t read any street signs. Yeah, those ones!

What could leave me so flummoxed that could drive away from my home in a state of near blindness and not notice? Well, it could be the fact that in about 12 hours, a judge in a court very far away will decide on whether or not we have a son. Once our adoption is ratified by the Ethiopian courts that’s it; we are forever and always the parents of the most adorable little boy ever. All the paperwork, multiple fingerprinting appointments and background checks, medical exams, social worker visits, and endless waiting have all been for this day. It’s hard to believe that it’s finally here.

Tomorrow, when we wake up, it will all be decided and hopefully we will hear something by the afternoon. Until then I think I’m just going to have to give this day up as a lost and go find some dark chocolate to binge on…




4 comments:

KrazyMom said...

I will be praying for you tomorrow! Best Wishes!!

Tami said...

Praying for you!

ferenge mama said...

Oh my goodness - so exciting!!

You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I can't wait to wake up tomorrow to check your blog to see that your son is truly YOURS!!

Mom 2 six said...

Fingers crossed and prayers said !