Monday, July 30, 2007

Ok, lets do this thing!


With the stress of the weekend behind me I'm finally starting to get excited. We are traveling to Africa to meet our son for the very first time! What could possibly be more exciting than that? We have a lot to do in the next few weeks and a lot of it is complicated by the fact that we live in Alaska and have very limited shopping options. That means I need to order most of the "travel related items we need off the internet ASAP so they have time to get to us before we go. No time for procrastination around here.

I'm making list, so many in fact that I had to make a list of all my lists, much to my husband’s amusement. They are all color coded of course and each to-do item has a little red deadline attached to it. It's reassuring to have everything finally planned out. For so long this adoption as been all about estimates and best case scenarios. We don't have to wonder anymore how it's all going to pan out because this is it...the final stage of our adoption journey.

I changed my countdown clock on the right to show how much time we have left before we go. It sounds like a good idea but the minutes resolutely ticking away is already starting to panic me. Yesterday I had 20 days left; today it's 19 and somehow 19 sounds like a whole lot less than 20. *breath*




3 comments:

Tami said...

In. Out. In. Out. - Just wanted to remind you how to breath! :)
You sound like my carbon copy! I make lists of lists too! My husband and co-workers make fun of me. I tell them we'll see who's laughing when it's time to travel! :)
I'm so excited for you! And can't wait to hear all about your travels.

Maggie said...

You're going to do just fine. (And a list of all your lists. That sounds like heaven to me... I'm a list junkie.)

ferenge mama said...

I LOVE how organized you are - I'm a list-maker, too. :-)

Keep breathing. And keep planning. It's gonna be GREAT!