Sunday, July 8, 2007

I really REALLY hate painting!!


I think the title says it all. I've decided that the best way to test the strength of a marriage is doing major home improvement projects together; by this afternoon ours was touch and go at best! When we moved into this house 5 years ago, every wall in every room was painted white. Now we have managed to paint one room, the smallest room in the house almost, and it only took 4 trips to the paint/home improvement store and changing the paint color 3 times to do it.

I woke up this morning and declared that the paint we spent hours applying yesterday (our second color) had dried WAY too dark and I wanted to redo it in a lighter color today. This was when Zman had a complete and udder break down and though did eventually help me re-paint also managed to be in a piss poor mood all day. I don't blame him, poor guy, not only did our lovely contractor leave us some dozy surprises after he left town for good, but then he has to deal with the paint freak *waves* who can't seem to understand why a color that looks great on the little color swatch looks like crap on the walls. Once we are all finished he may need to be committed... Yes, we still have one bathroom to go and I'm strongly considering painting it WHITE.

Every other room in our house has white walls and unless one of our children grow up to be interior designers, I have a feeling they always will be. A white house is better than divorce by a long shot!!




2 comments:

ferenge mama said...

I actually LIKE painting (I know - crazy in the head).

I think it's the immediate gratification part - you get to see a change right away.

Of course then after it dries you get to see that it's the wrong color. :-(

Sorry you've had a bummer paint job on your hands.

Rob and Mandy Brelsford said...

Hi - you don't know me but I am a Mom of three, soon to be four as we are adopting from Haiti....I am not sure how I found your blog, but I am glad I did - I love your template, how did you do that?

Also, I know what you mean about the painting. When my husband and I bought our first home and were fixing it up we lovingly refered to our newly painted bannister as the "divorce bannister"...lol, it's funny where a few finger pointings over some drips can lead to the demise of a rock solid marriage :)

Your little boy is adorable (as are your girls, of course) - we were planning on adopting from Ethiopia but were suddenly pulled to Haiti. Everyone who I have spoken with who has adopted from Ethiopia has has really positive experiences with the process...
Take care :)
~Mandy