Sunday, June 3, 2007

Saying Goodbye


My sisters Father-in-law passed away suddenly yesterday. I only knew him casually; we met at all the family functions and on holidays. (We have a lot of family here.) I once spent every Friday for 3 months serving on grand jury with him. He was a very kind man who was devoted to his grandchildren and he will be missed. My nieces are taking it hard; this is the second grandpa they've lost recently.

It's hard to know how to feel when someone passes away like this. We knew each other but were not close. I know his family through my sister but only in passing. I'm sad that he's gone and shocked at the suddenness of the loss but I can't feel any real grief over loosing him.

It's been a rough couple of years for my brother-in-law. He had major health issues and several major surgeries not long ago and then his father was diagnosed with cancer. Not long after that his mother almost died from a brain aneurysm at the exact same time his father had a stroke and passed away. Now, only year and a half later, he has lost his step-father. I only hope that I can support my sister and her family during this tough time and I pray that this will be the last tragedy in their lives for a long while!




3 comments:

Tami said...

I'm sorry to hear about their loss. We'll be thinking of them.

Jenny said...

I'm sorry to hear about that Carrie. Thoughts and prayers to your family.

Jenny

Mom 2 six said...

Sorry for your sister's loss of her FIL- loss is hard. It really makes you think. Support them with prayers.