Monday, June 11, 2007

Monday Blues

It's always hard to go back to work on Monday but today has been pure torture. We had a wonderful Saturday at the beach with all the Family. The weather was a hot 74 degrees and the sun was shinning, reminding us why we put up with the ungodly amounts of rain we get here. When the sun shines there is no place on earth more beautiful.

The memorial service yesterday was very touching and I couldn't get through it without tears. Laughter through tears seemed to be the mode of the day. We had with lots of family in town and the set up/clean up, service and reception seemed to take the whole day. While it wasn't as sunny yesterday, the weather stayed clear and warm which was wonderful for the memorial motorcycle ride after the reception.

I knew today was going to be tough after such a busy weekend and nature seemed to agree with me; I woke up to 25 mile an hour winds and rain this morning. Yuck! Several of my flower pots had blown over and I had to chase my garbage cans down the street before I could leave for work.

I found out on Friday that my co-work and friend is moving away and today is the first time I've had a chance to talk to her about it. She's been a stanch supporter during our adoption and is always there with kind words and chocolate when the wait gets tough. She has a 6 month old son and has been putting all his outgrown cloths and baby equipment aside for our new little one. Her husband is currently tearing apart my bathrooms. Her daughter is almost the exact same age as Cookie… It’s going to be very hard to say goodbye!

To continue my terrible day, I get off work at 1 today and then have to hot foot it over to our Charter School Board Retreat for the rest of the day. I just found out that our 2/3 teacher is leaving us (Princess starts 2nd grade this fall) and I'm sure that recruiting a new teacher is going to be an agenda priority; it’s so hard to find a good teacher that fits well with the school philosophy. This is my last meeting as a board member as my two year term is up. I barley got to see my girls yesterday and won't get to see them at all today as this meeting usually lasts until 8 or 9 at night.

The adoption wait is wearing on me today. It seems like we've been doing this adoption thing for so long now with no end in sight. I have a new found respect for all of my adoption friends out in the blogoshere who have had much longer, harder journeys than we have; this is much more difficult than it looks from the outside!

All in all, it's just a sucky Monday. Let’s hope I can muster a more positive outlook tomorrow!


Maggie said...

I'm not a fan of Mondays either. Sorry to hear your friend is leaving work. Hopefully you'll keep in touch.

Sig said...

Hugs my friend and just keep swimming. I remember when some days I thought I would not make it through the hour, never mind the whole day.
Those were the days I had lotsof chocolate and stayed on the phone with my adoption friends LOL

Hope tomorrow is better, it's gotta be, it's Tuesday ;)