Sunday, June 10, 2007

another week...

So, here we are at the start of another week. I love the weekends because I know that my agency won't be calling. I don't have to start every time the phone rings with an unfamiliar number. I don't have to rush through my shower if I miss a call while shampooing my hair. I don't have to spend every other moment imagining what would happen if we got "the call" right now. Weekends are restful.

The start of another week... and not just any week; the last week we can get a referral and have a decent shot at getting through courts before the summer closure. It's almost certain that if we don't hear anything this week, we will be traveling in November at the earliest.

It's kind of a relief that this moment is here; the make or break point. This week will be tough but when it's over we will have a pretty good idea, one way or the other, how things are going to pan out. I'm happy that we will no longer have the "what if" hanging over our heads. If we don't make it then we'll know and be able to adjust our sights for this fall, putting our minds on other things for the summer.

Another week - just one week. Let’s hope it goes by fast!




1 comments:

Melissa said...

I hope you get the call you are waiting for so you can get your baby before the summer closings. That is such a long wait. But like you said, at least you can make more concrete plans for yourselves.