Thursday, April 19, 2007

He is finally home!

I apologize for the complete lack of interesting posts over the last week but Z-Man has been out of town for a series of back-to-back conferences since the 10th. I’ve found that when I have to pull the single parent gig something always gets pushed to the back burner. After a full day of working and caring for 2 gregarious girls, by the time I get them in bed the most I have the energy for is briefly skimming through my bloglines.

But he’s HOME! Now I can take a shower without having to listen to the girls testing out the bathroom acoustics by screaming at each other over who gets to sit nearest the bathtub. I can now send Princess a tuna fish sandwich (her favorite) in her lunch because Z-Man will make it for me. (I can’t stand the smell of tuna in the morning!) I can now sit and type on my blog while listening to the bedtime ritual being carried out in the back of the house by a daddy and his little girls. Best of all, I can now talk to my best friend everyday and snuggle with him at night.

Thank goodness he’s home!

*** Dawn Update***
The court rejected the birthmother’s appeal and they are sending it back to the local family court. This could take months to sort out and Dawn is going home to wait it out. Her agency rep. has power of attorney represent them in court. Dawn does have this message to all PAP’s for Kazakhstan.

BEWARE: Our case has made them change the rules!!! If a baby is abandoned...now the orphange must take steps to find the mother. If they can't find her they need a judge's ruling that she is "missing" in order to have all their ducks in a row if this case ever comes up again. Sadly, now that our case has opened up a pandora's box...the prosecutor is objecting other adoptions... (our agency rep.) is dealing with many appeals now!



In Happier News...



If you haven't already, go on over to Maggie's and congratulate her on her new son! This has been a long time in coming and couldn't happen to a nicer person.

Maggie, you are going to be a fantastic mom! Congratulations Girl!!

.




2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yay for peaceful showers! I know how it feels when your spouse is gone and you're trying to parent alone.

Maggie said...

Thanks for the congratulations and kind words!