Wednesday, March 28, 2007

waiting


Yesterday marked 5 weeks of waiting. So far, so good, but I can already tell it's going to get a great deal harder as time goes on. There have been several wonderful posts about coping with the wait on one of my adoption boards over the past few days. It seems to be fairly common to completely loose your mind at some point during the wait especially when you go into it expecting to wait X amount of time and then end up waiting much, much longer.

How does this affect us? Well, it's looking more and more like we'll miss court this summer and won't be going to Ethiopia until November at the earliest. There are folks that have been waiting for a referral from my agency since Mid October; that's 5 months. Add to that the longer and longer waits for court and it’s almost impossible that we’d make it through the process before the courts close in August even if we get a referral in June. The problem is that little innocuous word… almost.

If someone would just say "you’ll get a referral in ------- month and go to court X", then I could settle down and wait, but it's that faint hope that we could get a referral sooner and might possible get in before court closes that makes the wait that much harder! It’s so difficult to have to be constantly readjusting your expectations.




2 comments:

Maggie said...

I know what you mean. That open-ended waiting is hard. Hang in there. Your time will come.

Rempel Family said...

Lisa said...
I know this will sound crazy, but you have really encouraged me today. My husband and I have been waiting just over 6 months for a referral from Ethiopia and this week has been extremily depressing. I feel like we've been talking about our girl for so long, and it's just not gonna happen. billrempel@yahoo.ca