Monday, December 4, 2006

What a weekend!


My front yard


The view out my front window...a 9 foot snow bank


My back deck - there is a 4 foot railing under there somewhere!


On Saturday we got another 20 inches of snow. Z-Man spent 3 hours Friday night shoveling off all the over hangs on the house because the snow was getting so heavy we worried that it may start causing damage to the roof. The roads were almost impassable and the burm in the middle of the main street taller than our van and impossible to see around to check for traffic. We lost power for 3 hours.

Then came Sunday… when it warmed up to 40 degrees and started to rain. We have had over 7feet of snow in the last 25 days with temperatures dipping as low as -5 with a wind chill of -20. The ground is frozen, there is nowhere for the melting snow to go. It’s one big slushy, slippery mess out there right now. I guess I should say that this is very unusual weather for us here. This is a temperate rain forest so we tend to get a ton of rain, but the snow doesn’t usually come until the end of December or January with February being our coldest month. November weather is usually temps in the high 30’s and rain.

I’m already ready for spring and winter isn’t even officially here yet!




2 comments:

Melissa said...

holy cow! Where do you live? I hope you have a bomb shelter because you are not getting out any time soon!

Yeah So said...

Holy Blizzard Batman! That's alot of snow.

I am so glad you are moving along with the process, you'll be holding your child before you know it!