Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day

I hope everyone had a nice Mother's Day. I can imagine that it is very difficult for those in the process of adoption to celebrate when your children are so far away. My thoughts were with you on Sunday.

Z-man let me sleep in and I stayed in bed longer than I was sleeping because I could hear the preparations going on. The girls were so excited and their enthusiasm was contagious. I got right into the shower and had the fun of Cookie coming into the bathroom, seeing me, squealing, and running out; too cute! My girls had gone with daddy the previous day to the local market where they decorated a cake for me. It had no less than 4 Mother's Day signs on it and a huge pile of sprinkles. I received a handmade card from each girl and 2 dozen red carnations from Z-man. Princess capped off the gift giving by reciting a Mother's day poem to me.

Then we all pitched in and made a special breakfast, my favorite, eggs Benedict. Z-man had plans for a lovely picnic lunch at the beach, but unfortunately I came down with a stomach bug and spent the rest of the day in bed. Even though it didn't end as wonderfully as it started, it was the best Mother's Day ever.




3 comments:

Jennefer said...

It sounds like you had a very nice Mother's Day, except for not feeling well. I hope you are doing better now. I have just discovered your blog and I look forward to reading more of your posts. Ethiopia was my second choice after Russia. Beautiful children. I still might consider adopting from there in the future.

Elle said...

Wonderful Mother's Day!

Rhonda said...

Oh, so sorry you got sick on Mother's Day. But I'm happy it was a good Mother's Day anyway.