Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Facebook?

OK, OK. I have finally caved to peer pressure and signed up on facebook... Now I have to ask, "What the hell is this?" What am I supposed to do here? I put up a photo and a link to this blog but have stalled from there. Maybe I've past the "coolness curve" and am finally too old to understand the point of this new fangled technology.

So, if any of you are Facebookers(?), can you give me some tips? Also, I signed up there with my REAL name and now have the conundrum of mixing my facebook stuff with my blog/alias stuff. Anyone deal with that?

Tell me the truth... am I just getting too old for this stuff? I KNOW I'm too old for a my space page!




5 comments:

Sha Zam- said...

Hey there Carrie. Facebook. Not to worry about real name. Cause... your friends know you by your real name and that's the only way they'll find you. You can set your privacy and views to limit who can see what in your profile. It's great to see friends families, pictures etc. Keep poking around it's not so hard. I'm Shannon Coiley on FB if you need to up your count and need help with more stuff. Good luck

Maggie said...

I had a Facebook account, too. I deleted it, though, because I thought it was just a huge time-waster. And I have enough of those already!

Sig said...

I like facebook. OK, I am addicted to it. If you join, look me up under my EM addy ;) I have actually connected with a few old friends and I am having fun playing the games LOL

Waiting for Zufan! said...

I love Facebook. You can keep up easily and I found it to be really quick -- not a time-waster for me 'cause there isn't much to do on it, really.

Anonymous said...

Heh. My sister "convinced" me to join Facebook...and I haven't even posted a photo. I feel like you do -- what am I supposed to do now?

Well, I'm resolved to try it, but only because I promised her I would. And I also signed up for Twitter which frankly scares the hell out of me.

Me and the internet tubes used to be so close!