Saturday, September 29, 2007

Why I need a new stroller

Daring Young Mom is giving away a free Chicco stroller. This is my little plea about why I think I need this stroller...

This is a picture of my current stroller. It is 7 years old and I pretty sure that the front wheel is going to fall off at any time (And I would know because this is exactly what happened to the newer stroller we bought when cookie was born). It also refuses to latch when open so has collapsed on a child more than once when I though it was secure and safe. This is why I won't use this stroller anymore.



This is a representation of my bank account. International adoption and unexpected medical expenses along with major rot repair in both of our bathrooms have us tapped. I won't be buying a new stroller anytime soon!



This is a picture of all the medical equipment I need to haul around with me for my baby. Don't forget that I also usually hauling around a diaper backpack, a purse, and my baby backpack (since I don't have a functioning stroller at the moment). I can also be found schlepping coats and jackets for my 2 older children and any miscellaneous crap we have accumulated. Some days I feel more like a pack horse than a parent...



And of course, the most precious cargo of all, here is my new son in all of his chubby glory. The kid has been packing on half a pound a week since we got home!



So Kathryn, please save me from looking like this lady...



and pick me to win this lovely new stroller!




5 comments:

ferenge mama said...

Girl, you SO deserve it!

if you don't win, we'll have to take up a collection and get one for you!!

xoxo

Anonymous said...

You know, sometimes I joke that when Albert and I married, our brains also joined as one because we share so many of the same thoughts (and phrases) and well, apparently, this is happening with my friends as well. I was just coming in to post exactly what chou chou said.

You definitely deserve it, and a collection is in order if you don't win. In the meantime, do you have a sling for Mr. Chubba-Whumba? I can send you an extra that I have, if not. Astrid Meklit (who now weighs at least 23 pounds, it's been a while since she's been on the scale) still prefers the sling to the stroller (oy, my back!) but I find that having the stroller with us is nice for schlepping all of the other stuff. Baby + multiple bags is just too much!


Good Luck! and get some rest!

Maggie said...

Give this girl a stroller. It's definitely needed!!!

Anonymous said...

I only found your site because of a link through the stroller contest post on DYM. I just wanted to say that your new son is ADORABLE! Congratulations on the newest addition.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through DYM--congratulations.
Your little boy is beautiful. And he'll be styling IN HIS NEW STROLLER!
WOOT!