Thursday, May 31, 2007

100 Days

We've hit the big 100. That's 100 days of waiting for our referral and we are going strong! I'll admit that I do jump at little bit when the phone rings with an unknown number (different ring than people we know) but for the most part I'm really calm. We don't hit our 4 month mark until June 20th, which is when we are officially in range for a referral. I'm assuming that if we don't hear anything by the 15th that there will no no possibility of us getting through courts before they close. And you know what? Right now I'm OK with that. Today I'm feeling very zen with the process and I know that it will happen when it's meant to and we'll just go with the flow. Of course this state of mind is liable to fluctuate greatly, especially if we get a referral that just misses court and we have wait for 5 months to hold our baby!

Since someone with my agency received a referral after waiting only 104 days just a few weeks ago, I'm secretly hoping that we hear something next week. It's so hard not to get your hopes up with adoption. I know that we most likely won't get a referral that quickly but I can't stop myself from dreaming about it. I try to guard myself against disappointment and yet I still set these silly, unrealistic goals. I wish there was a way to put my brain in stasis until we get THE CALL.




1 comments:

Jenny said...

Waiting sucks. I remember day 100 was a very hard day. But hey, at least the wait is almost over. Hang in there, your baby's coming! And you have such a good attitude about the whole court issue (at least for now!). You're right, whatever happens happens, and we can't change it or hurry it along.

Jenny