Friday, April 27, 2007

Imaginary Friends? Not quite!

I know I’m not the coolest mom in the world. In fact, I imagine that I rate very, very low on the “cool” scale. I accept that I will never be one of those moms that all my kids friends will want to hang out with. I don’t always have creative and fun things planed to do, I don’t always have yummy treats at the ready for hungry kids, and I don’t play with my kids as much as I’d like. I know that I’m not perfect, but I figured it’d be awhile before my kids figured it out… I guess not!

Cookie has a new imaginary friend. OK, it more than a friend, she has an imaginary mom! This mom lives in the pink house down the road that we drive past everyday on the way home from preschool. She wears pink pants and a pink shirt and always has cookies on her table. She drives a big red monster truck and always walks Cookie down the street to play on the swing set in a complete stranger’s yard. How could I compete? I could never be that cool. I make her eat her vegetables and clean her room. I give timeouts and make her brush her teeth.

And really, a pink leisure suit…how could I beat that?




5 comments:

Yeah So said...

Hmmm...I'm not sure that's someone I'd even want to beat. Cookie's imaginary mom sounds like that obnoxious sorority girl in college that has that abnormal shade of white blond hair and wears too much lipgloss. Blech.

Michelle Smiles said...

oh man that's a tough one to beat!

A Room to Grow said...

gosh, she's my imaginary friend as well. whenever i'm out walking the dog, all of these perky, perfect women walk by... i'm wanting to be like them!

ferenge mama said...

oh my lord! that's hysterical. i'm surprised the imaginary mom doesn't wear a tiara, too. :-)

Jennefer said...

Cookie has a very big imagination! Can you imagine a real person like that? ha ha