Sunday, February 4, 2007

Tempting Fate

Did I really say “Now that everyone is feeling much better” in my last post? I really should know better than that by now. It’s like waving a red flag at fate, or sticking out my tongue and calling nana-nana-boo-boo. And I have paid the price…big time. Fate has smitten me for being over confident and smug in our relative healthiness.

Friday morning started with me getting the lovely stomach bug in spades and I have been down and out for the last 2 ½ days straight. My uncle kindly pointed out that since we’ve turned in our dossier I’ve been nauseous almost every single day. I though adoption exempted you from morning sickness. One of the big pluses of not getting pregnant this time was avoiding the 20 weeks of yuck that I inevitable have with my pregnancies.

Today I’m feeling a bit better but I’ve learned to be cautious in what I say. I’m not goading fate again right now…my tummy needs a rest!




4 comments:

Melissa said...

Oh, I know that bug. Drink lots of fluids and hang in there.

Maggie said...

Ugh. It's been a rough winter for you! Hope you're feeling better soon.

ferenge mama said...

oh - blech. i'm so sorry. is there anything worse that stomach flu?

hope you are feeling better soon.

Sig said...

Carrie- I am seriously thinking of adoptin from Ethiopia next time. Can you EM me SA3@aol.com and give me more info?
Glad you are feeling better, stomach flus stink!