Thursday, February 15, 2007

Keeping busy

At 1:05pm EST today our Dossier left New York City…not that I’m obsessing or anything!

Once our paperwork gets to Ethiopia we will be logged in and our wait time starts. The current wait times for our agency are between 4-6 months; closer to 4 for a boy and closer to 6 for a girl. By my calculations, we need to have a referral by Z-man’s birthday, in the first week of July, to get through the courts before they close. The rumor mill has the courts closing on August 6th this year…we’ll see I guess. I think we have a 50/50 chance of getting a baby boy referral by then. *fingers crossed*

I hope everyone had a lovely Valentines Day. Z-man and I don’t usually celebrate V-day, but decided to go out to dinner last night. My uncle volunteered to watch the girls for us, so who could pass that up…free babysitting! We went out to our favorite sushi place and had some great adult conversation that wasn’t interrupted every 30 seconds. I’m still not sure how the girls get any food into their tummies with all the chattering they do at the table.

Princess has Winter Camp with her school today and tomorrow, so that should keep us running. I also have two of my nieces for most of the day on Saturday and a big DVD project to finish over the weekend. Thank goodness for President's Day…I’m going to need the extra time to recover.




3 comments:

ferenge mama said...

Oh my gosh -- dossier officially on the way!

this is truly momentus.

congratulations, and keep us posted on its progress!!!

Anonymous said...

It's not obsessing -- it's "being vigilant."

I know for sure that if you don't will it on its way and track its every move, it could end up launched into space or something equally inconvenient. At least that's how I remember it.

Seriously, I can't wait to hear that it's there -- I remember how the obsession turned into near-psychosis once there was a baby involved!

Anonymous said...

Yippppeeeeeee!

That is FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!!

TIME TO CELEBRATE!!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE BABY!!!!!!!!!

Your SBP