Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Security

Some very disturbing things have been happening in the Ethiopian adoption blogging community, which have me concerned. Fizzle talks about it in her blog post from earlier today. Rather than re-cap what she’s posted, I’ll just let you flit over there and take a peek.

Back?

What does this mean here at Building a Family? Well, we have decided to go for a bit more anonymity. You may notice that names and places have been changed. Also, any posts that I felt shared too much personal info have been deleted. This doesn’t mean that we will stop being open and honest about our feelings, our adoption, and ourselves, but it does mean that we will try to do so without giving away too much identifying information. We hope you all understand!




6 comments:

Maggie said...

That's a definite worry. I think holding back certain pieces of information is just smart.

Dawn said...

I know it is sad. I wrote a long post about it as well, that Fizzle linked to. As Margaret said holding back info is smart, but the offending info seemed absolutely and completely insignificant that you would be very surprised. Sad that we cannot support each other as parents are soon to be parents.

The Brothers said...

Yeah, I may have nearly fallen into this trap. The little one we're attempting to adopt is 2 years old and in foster care. We are her respite providers. We get to see her often and snap lots of cute pics. I posted one that I knew the Grandparents would love - my 4 year old giving her a kiss. My husband logged on at work and called me with, "Get that off! It doesn't look good and the State could freak out!" I was surprised at my lack of judgement on this one, especially seeing as I know the social worker has the Blog address. D'Oh.

Suzanne said...

Oh dear. Something new to fret about.

Anonymous said...

I have worried about this too. I really don't know what might get me in trouble. I wish their was a rule book somewhere.

Dawn said...

I can't find the article you are referring to. Can you please tell me the risks of posting about your adoption on your blog??? Thanks!